Monday, June 10, 2013

Sesame Noodles

I love, love, LOVE these Sesame Noodles! I probably could have eaten much more than 1 serving....I had to stop myself from eating more of it...it was that good. To begin with, I love sesame oil. And I LOVE Oriental-type foods. These noodles are great as a side dish paired with grilled chicken, steak or shrimp. Or if you're looking for a quick, simple Meatless Monday kinda thing it would be great for that too. 


The original recipe, Simple Sesame Noodles, came from one of my favorite blogs, Pioneer Woman. Ree Drummond is absolutely fabulous and I have loved every dish I have made from her collection. I slightly adapted the recipe because I lacked an ingredient in her recipe. I don't have any hot chili oil so I substituted sriracha. I also had some cilantro I needed to use up and I think it gave the noodles a nice little touch. 



Sesame Noodles

1 lb thin noodles (I used spaghetti noodles), cooked and drained
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T rice vinegar
3 T sesame oil
1 t sriracha
4 T veg oil
4 green onions, sliced thinly
1/3 C chopped cilantro (optional)
Prepare noodles without any oil in the water and drain-do not put any oil on the noodles. While the noodles are cooking, In a med bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha and vegetable oil. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Pour sauce over hot cooked noodles and toss to coat all the noodles with sauce. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro over the noodles and toss together to combine. Feel free to leave the cilantro out if you don't like it.
(Slightly adapted from recipe by Pioneer Woman-Ree Drummond)




Enjoy!                                            
Sandi 


No comments:

Post a Comment