Thursday, June 20, 2013

7-Up Biscuits

I have seen this recipe all over Pinterest and Facebook. I kept saying to myself '7-Up? In biscuits? Really? Gotta be kidding?' Well I finally decided to try them. I have to tell you....AMAZING! By far the best biscuits I have ever made. And aside from my mothers biscuits they are the best biscuits I have ever had. You honestly can not tell there is soda in them. They were so light and fluffy and my goodness they were buttery! You can not beat biscuits that turn out like this with 4 ingredients....YES, I said 4 ingredients! So simple and quick and DELICIOUS! I don't know who came up with this recipe but they are a genius. 

I couldn't even wait to get them in the oven. I was so anxious to try them I forgot to take pictures of the process of making them....and before I put them in the oven....

 And I was so ready to try them that I forgot to take a picture of them before I removed two biscuits from the pan. But can you see how nice and fluffy they are? Oh and the browned bits in the pan...it's butter....OH MY GOODNESS they are so good!  These would be so very delicious with my sausage gravy! 

I made two substitutions since I did not have sour cream or 7-Up. 

7-Up Biscuits
4 C Bisquick
1 C Plain Greek Yogurt
1 C Sprite
1/2 C Butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425*F. In a large bowl combine Bisquick, Greek yogurt and Sprite. The dough will be very soft and sticky. Dust a surface (counter top, large cutting board, silicone rolling mat etc) with some Bisquick. Turn out dough onto dusted surface and knead until the dough is coated with the baking mix and pulls together nicely. Use more Bisquick if needed. Pat dough out until it's about 1 1/2" thick and cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter. Gather remaining dough and pat out and cut biscuits again until all dough is used. (I was able to get the 12 biscuits I needed and used all the dough) Place melted butter in 13x9" pan and make sure bottom is coated fairly evenly with the butter. Place biscuits on top of butter. Bake for 12-15 min or until golden brown and done in the middle. 

Enjoy!                                            
Sandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment