Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sesame Noodle Salad

I love re-purposed leftovers. I had some leftover Sesame Noodles from dinner the other night, but wanted to do something else with them for lunch. I had some nice fresh veggies and decided to make noodle salad with them. There is a really great Vietnamese restaurant in Winooski, Vermont that has an awesome, very flavorful noodle salad. My favorite is the one with beef in the salad too. I didn't have any leftover beef or chicken so I just went with veggies and my noodles. I will definitely be making this again when I have some leftover teriyaki steak. The amounts I used were enough for 2 servings of salad.

So you'll need about 5 romaine lettuce leaves, 1/2 a bell pepper, 1 stalk of celery, 1 large or 2 small green onions, 1/2 carrot, 1 small tomato, 1/3 of an English cucumber, 1 T soy sauce, 1 T sesame oil, some black pepper and leftover sesame noodles. 

 Chop the lettuce, shred the carrot and slice the other veggies and put them in the bowl with the lettuce. Drizzle with the soy sauce and sesame oil and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.

 Toss together to coat the veggies with the oil and soy sauce.

 Add the cold noodles and toss to combine.

 Plate your salad and enjoy it.

Sesame Noodle Salad
cold leftover sesame noodles
5 large romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1/2 large carrot, shredded
1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced (color of choice)
1 large or 2 small green onions, chopped
1/3 English cucumber, sliced and slices halved
1 small tomato, chopped
1 T soy sauce
1 T sesame oil
black pepper to taste
Place lettuce and other veggies in a large bowl. Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over veggies and sprinkle with some black pepper to taste. Toss to coat veggies with oil and soy sauce. Add noodles and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.


I have actually made this without lettuce, with red pepper instead of yellow and added pineapple chunks too. The pineapple gave it a nice little sweetness and I enjoyed it very much. I will try this salad again with some snow peas or sugar snap peas and maybe some avocado too. You could change the veggies, add more or less of something or add meat for a heartier meal. The possibilities are endless. 


Enjoy!                                            
Sandi 



No comments:

Post a Comment