Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Garlic Butter


We love garlic bread with pasta. I used to buy pre-made garlic bread from the bakery section at the grocery store and even sometimes the frozen garlic bread. Then a few years ago I decided I was sick of that and started making my own garlic butter. To be quite honest it is so much better when you make it yourself.






Garlic Butter
1 stick butter, softened to room temp
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 T parsley flakes


Combine all ingredients. 
I've found if I make the garlic butter a few hours ahead of when I need it the garlic flavor permeates the butter nicely. If you're not going to be using the butter that day, I would suggest storing it in the fridge to keep it fresher longer.



If you want to make homemade Garlic Bread, spread onto sliced Italian or French bread and fit the slices back together to form the loaf again. Place on a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold up the foil to cover the bread. Bake at 350*F for 10-15 min or until desired crispiness (is that a word?) is achieved. If you leave the foil closed you will end up with a slightly softer garlic bread. If you want a bit crispier bread, bake it for about 10 min then open the foil and bake it for a few more min.


Enjoy!                                            
Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment