Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crunchy Garlic Oven Fried Chicken

 I was craving crispy, crunchy, delicious fried chicken. Unfortunately for the past 11 months most of our stuff has been in storage, including most of my kitchen stuff. My husband and toddler and I have been living in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment for the past 11 months. Luckily the lease is up at the end of next month and we are moving to a 2 bedroom townhouse. I will soon have my kitchen stuff back.  I. Can. Not. Wait. 

So back to the fried chicken craving. We very much enjoy the fried chicken I make, but I am currently without my deep fryer. I much prefer to make fried chicken in my deep fryer instead of a skillet. So what's a girl to do? Adapt. So instead of using the same recipe I use for my fried chicken and just putting it in the oven, I made it completely different. 


Forgot to take a picture of the process. But here's the chicken in the oven. It hasn't even cooked yet and it already looks yummy. 

Oh my goodness. It was so good! So crunchy. So flavorful. So delicious.

I had to stop myself from eating more of it. Just looking at this picture I am wanting it again....right now....
You have to try this chicken. You won't regret it. 


Crunchy Garlic Oven Fried Chicken
1/2 C butter, melted
2 C Cornflake crumbs (4 C of whole cornflakes will give you 2 C of crumbs)
2 t paprika
2 T garlic powder
1/2 t dry mustard
1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1/2 t pepper
3-4 lb chicken, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 425*F. In a large bowl combine cornflake crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, dry mustard, Italian Dressing Mix, and pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter and turn in crumbs to coat completely. Place chicken, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil (for easier clean-up). Bake uncovered 30 min. Turn chicken over and bake about 30 min longer, until juices run clear when thickest piece is cut. (I usually go by meat thermometer just to be on the safe side-breasts 165-170 degrees and dark meat about 180 degrees)


For boneless, skinless breasts Bake at 425*F for 20-25 min or until chicken is done.



Enjoy!                                            
Sandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment