Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies were so very chocolaty and chewy and soft and oh so delicious! My husband and toddler loved them! 
I first saw these cookies on one of my favorite blogs- Sally's Baking Addiction. She has some amazing recipes on her site. I have gotten a lot of inspiration from her recipes. I adapted her recipe very slightly and doubled it because my husband and toddler love cookies. Click here to see her original recipe. 

These make nice large, thick cookies so you only really want to bake 8 at a time (unless you have a massive cookie sheet) so they don't form together. Use about 2 T of dough for each cookie.


These are just as soft and delicious as they look. If you like chocolate you will love them. Try them. You won't regret it. Trust me. They are too good not to share, and you may want to share if you don't want to eat them all....
I brought some to our neighbor (who is gladly a recipe tester for my goodies) and she asked me what she was going to do when we move at the end of this week and my homemade goodies are not right down the hall. 



Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C butter, softened
1 C packed brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
1/4 C milk
2 t vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/4 C cocoa powder
2 C all purpose flour
2 t cornstarch
1/4 t salt
2 t baking soda
2 1/2 C white chocolate chips
In a med bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter on med speed about 20 seconds with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and milk and beat until combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients, a third at a time into the wet ingredients, beating on low speed. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Important: You must chill the dough for at least 2 hours before baking.
When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350*F. Take about 2 T of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake no more than 8 cookies at a time on a large cookie sheet. Bake 12 min. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cookies will appear underdone. They will firm up a bit as they sit and cool. Leave cookies on baking sheet for 5 min before removing to wire rack or towel. While one pan of cookies is baking keep the rest of the dough in the fridge. When completely cooled store in an airtight container.
(Recipe adapted slightly from Sally's Baking Addiction)



Enjoy!                                            

Sandi 

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this recipe, although I might have to find a sub for the white chocolate :( because I have yet to find a dairy free white chocolate. They look super dark chocolatey - did you use dark cocoa powder or are they just that awesome with regular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used regular unsweetened cocoa powder. They were so chocolaty and delicious! I'm not sure what you could use instead of regular white chocolate chips...I'll keep my eyes peeled for something when I go back to Trader Joe's. I don't know what you may find at Whole Foods but you may have a better chance of finding something there than I could at Trader Joe's. But really you could use any chip. They would be awesome with peanut butter chips don't you think?

    ReplyDelete