Sunday, September 29, 2013

Apples up to my eyeballs!

We have been super busy at my house. Getting into a new routine at the new place. We've been in the new place for 2 months now and things are going well. A few sleep deprived nights, and as a result exhausted days, as our toddler who is about to turn 2 has decided not to sleep through the night again. 

We recently went apple picking at Shelburne Orchards in Shelburne, VT. We LOVE picking our own apples.  There is just something so satisfying and fun about picking them yourself instead of buying them in the grocery store. Shelburne Orchards has a really great selection of Pick Your Own fruit. Picking our own apples there is one of the reasons that Vermont is our favorite New England state. 

 I love fall. I love the way the air smells so clean and fresh and crisp and the colors of the leaves changing to red, orange and yellow. Now, I am really a summer kind of girl. I love the beach and I love lots and lots of sunshine and warmth. But fall holds a special place in my heart too. 


We had really great weather the day we went apple picking. It was cool, but not too cold. It was spectacularly sunny. And we actually went on a weekday so there was hardly anyone around us while we were picking.


Don't they look delicious and pretty?

Don't you just want to reach into the picture and take and apple?

This is what 155 lbs of McIntosh apples looks like.....yes, we picked 155 lbs of apples....only half of them went home with my husband and I. The other 2 bags were my mom's. 

Our toddler was having a great time.



He was a really great little helper. He was having a great time taking apples from us and putting them in the bags.


And picking apples himself.

And eating them....I think he ate 3 apples that day!
 Isn't that just the most adorable little face?



So pretty. So crisp, juicy and slightly tart. Just delicious. 


Not only are the apples beautiful, but they had a really beautiful pile of pumpkins. 
Our toddler picked out 2 little pumpkins. He continually moves them around to different positions in our living room. 

This is the biggest of the 2 pumpkins he picked.

And the little baby one he picked.

Now the little one is in the bag.



Did I mention I love fall? Orange and green are my favorite colors. 

Happy Fall! 


More posts to come with LOTS of apple recipes. I have been apple recipe testing since we got home. I still have TONS of apples left to make things with. Anyone have any apple recipe you'd like to see me make? 

*I have not been compensated in any way for these comments. I just happen to love this orchard and wanted to share with you. *


Sandi 


No comments:

Post a Comment